Invite to our GP CPCS webinar (Surrey & Sussex Community Pharmacy only)
Wednesday, 21 April, 2021 19:00 - 20:30
A major milestone has been reached in the development of our GP CPCS projects across Surrey & Sussex and the start of referral pathways into the service that will benefit both community pharmacy and general practice.
CPCS was extended across England from the 1st of November 2020 to include referrals from General Practices as well as from NHS 111 which now enables GPs to refer patients to community pharmacy to receive a CPCS consultation for minor illness.
The LPC are hosting two webinars to help prepare your teams and ensure you are ready to deliver at a local level and help you meet the claiming criteria. These webinars aim to:
- To help prepare your pharmacy teams.
- Understand the local processes
- Understand the GP referral pathway engagement activity
- Help contractors to be able to claim the engagement and setup payment, and understand the activities that will need to be completed by 30 June 2021 (Deadline Extended) and documented so it can be evidenced at a later date (this meeting will meet the requirement to participate in a meeting to brief pharmacies on the referral process)
- To Help Implement an Action Plan
- Promoting the service and working with GPs
- Hints and Tips
Actions to Plan
The other requirements still need completing within your pharmacy team and you should plan time in to do this before 30 June 2021. These other requirements include:
- Local Discussions
- Briefing your pharmacy team on local plans
- Action plan
- Pharmacy team being familiar with the updated SLA/Service Specification and Toolkit
We do recommend that you read the service specification here (in particular Annex F) prior to attending the event.