Management of Chronic Pain in Primary Care – FREE TRAINING FOR PRACTICE PHARMACISTS
Wednesday, 10 April, 2019 09:00 - 16:30
The Hilton Hotel, Seven Hills Road, Cobham, KT11 1EW
This event is prioritised for Primary Care Pharmacists. If you are a member of another profession, please contact Morph Training before registering.
This is a free all-day training event for Primary Care Pharmacists.
Registration and coffee will start at 9.00am with the first talk beginning at 9.45am.
Chaired Hala Jawad, GPhC Registrant and GP Pharmacist from Brighton, the expert speakers will discuss the management in primary care of:
Long term pain management
• Common causes of chronic pain and mechanisms
• Treatment approaches and options
• Avoiding opioid addiction
• Other adverse effects of long-term analgesic use
• Types of pain associated with palliative care
• The analgesic ladder
• Pharmaceutical aspects eg mixing in syringe drivers
Psychology of pain management
• Realistic outcomes for chronic pain management
• Psychological approaches to coping with pain
• Evidence base for psychological interventions
• Practical approaches to managing patients in primary care
Management of migraine and other headaches
• Pathophysiology and classification
• Epidemiology and impact of migraine
• Treatments available and how to choose
• Practical approaches to managing migraine
To Book Your Place Contact Morph Training today on 01905 612789 or click here to register and for more information.