Countdown to PQS declaration: get HLP ready at our HLP workshop
Sunday, 12 January, 2020 9.30am - 4.00pm
We are delighted to tell you that award-winning pharmacy training specialists and founders of the HLP concept, Pharmacy Complete, are coming to Surrey and Sussex to help you be HLP compliant.
Healthy Living Pharmacy Workshop
Sunday 12 January 2020, Sandman Signature Hotel, Crawley.
Places must be registered in advance
Important : register before 31 December
Registrations must be received by 31 December to ensure that pre-event learning can be sent and completed before 12 January. This is an essential requirement for signing up for this training and will take the average learner between 6-8 hours.
Register your interest here by 31 December 2019 – this workshop will be not be viable if less than 20 delegates register for HLP Leaders and less than 30 delegates register for Health Champions.
Who is this training for? Pharmacists and non-pharmacist managers
- Those seeking to become HLP Leaders plus pharmacy team members aspiring to become qualified Health Champions.
Workshop details 9:30 registration for 10:00 start | Lunch and all refreshments provided | Finish at 16:00
Workshop content The programme will include:
- Up-front session for all participants – why HLP, HLP within Pharmacy Quality Scheme and the foundation of the prevention in the pharmacy contract, what needs to be done to be an HLP and how to achieve self-accreditation or maintain HLP status.
- Delegates then separate out into
- HLP leadership programme (Developing and Motivating the team) to accredit HLP leaders
- Health Champion training programme through to RSPH Level 2 award assessment
Please note that pre-work is required for Health Champions and that training will revise this content before the assessment held under formal examinations conditions. Candidates must bring photo ID with them
- Closing session to plan next steps
Two reasons why this training is important
- Being an HLP will enable you to achieve a key quality criteria within the Prevention domain of the Pharmacy Quality Scheme which opens for declarations on 3 February 2020
- From April 2020 the terms of service will require that ALL pharmacies MUST be an Healthy Living Pharmacy. This will be monitored through the Community Pharmacy Assurance Framework – contract monitoring process by NHS England in 2020-21.
For more information