Patient Returned Medicines Waste Contract

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT) manage the patient returned medicines contract for your pharmacy on behalf of NHS England.  (Used to be called KMF).  The actual supplier is SRCL which will continue to to be the contracted clinical waste supplier from 1st July 2017.

FAQ for Community Pharmacies including what waste community pharmacies can accept available here:

NHSE CW Contract – FAQ Pharmacies 2017

Who should you Contact?

For all service requests, complaints and queries, please contact the KMPT Waste & Environment Team.  The team are available Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm, except bank holidays.  Please do not contact the waste contractor directly.

AS FROM 4th JUNE 2018:  NEW Telephone number:  0300 303 3209 

or email Estates&

The team are based at:

Waste & Environment Team, KMPT, First Floor, Magnitude, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 6WT


 This does not apply to needle exchange waste for pharmacies which remains the same as before as per the service specification in your LPC area,

Patients own medical sharps:

A reminder to all pharmacies that with the exception of Jext / Epipens, they should not be accepting used medical sharps from patients (unless participating in a needle exchange scheme). It is the responsibility of local councils to collect and dispose of patient sharps. In some cases patients may need their GP to register them with the local council scheme before a collection can be arranged.