Amending Your Details on NHS Choices for Quality Payments
For the Quality Payments Scheme gateway criterion pharmacy contractors MUST edit or validate their NHS Choices entry for their pharmacy between 00:00 on Monday 9th April and 11:59pm on Friday 29th June 2018.
Since this requirement is a gateway criterion of the Quality Payments Scheme this must be met, otherwise contractors will not be entitled to claim for a Quality Payment. Please do read to the bottom of this information to check that this shows up on your NHS Choices as having been done correctly or your Quality Payment for the June review point will be ZERO. This is the most common pitfall for missing out on Quality Payments!!!
Some pharmacies/multiples will arrange for this to be done centrally, please check with your company managers/head office to find out the company procedure for your pharmacy.
Contractors are required to edit or validate THREE sections of their NHS Choices profile to meet the gateway criterion between 00:00 on Monday 9th April and 11:59pm on Friday 29th June 2018. The three sections are:
- their opening hours, including for the following Bank Holidays:
|Monday 7 May 2018||Early May Bank Holiday|
|Monday 28 May 2018||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Monday 27 August 2018||Summer Bank Holiday|
|Tuesday 25 December 2018||Christmas Day|
|Wednesday 26 December 2018||Boxing Day|
|Tuesday 1 January 2019||New Year’s Day|
- the facilities the pharmacy provides e.g. consultation room, parking etc; and
- the services the pharmacy provides e.g. Medicines Use Reviews (MURs), New Medicine Service (NMS), etc.
If contractors do not update and/or verify all THREE sections, they will not meet the gateway criterion and will therefore not be eligible to claim for a Quality Payment.
Additionally, contractors who plan to declare to the NHS Business Services Authority that they are offering either Medicines Use Reviews or the New Medicine Service or both services under the Advanced Services gateway criterion must also ensure that the service is visible on their NHS Choices profile.
To ensure you meet this gateway criterion, please ensure you have done the following:
If the information about your pharmacy is correct and you do not need to edit the information, click the ‘confirm’ button which can be found at the bottom of each section. You need to do this for all THREE sections:
Once you have edited and/or validated your NHS Choices profile, log out of your account and view your pharmacy’s public profile on NHS Choices and ensure the following:
- In the ‘overview’ section, there will be a ‘last verified on…’ sentence which precedes a date and can be found just under the opening dates/times section. The ‘last verified’ date needs to fall between 9th April and 29th June 2018. If the last verified date falls outside of this window, the pharmacy will not meet this gateway criterion and will therefore not be eligible to claim for the Quality Payments Scheme.
- In the services and facilities sections, there will be a ‘last updated on…’ sentence which precedes a date and can be found at the bottom of the pages. The date on each section needs to fall between 9th April and 29th June 2018. If the last updated date falls outside of this window, the pharmacy will not meet this gateway criterion and will therefore not be eligible to claim for the Quality Payments Scheme.
Contractors who have already updated and/or verified the three sections of their profiles may want to check this has been done correctly as they will not be given a second chance to correct this.
Distance selling pharmacies:
If you are a distance selling pharmacy contractor, please ensure you have followed the process outlined on the Quality Payments – NHS Choices page.
For more information, visit psnc.org.uk/QPNHSChoices.