BHCC to use PharmOutcomes for payment of Public Health Services from July 1st 2016

From 1st July 2016, Brighton and Hove City Council (BHCC) Locally Commissioned Service (LCS) payment claims, service consultations and evaluation data records will move from the paper based system to PharmOutcomes

This will affect you if you provide any of these services:  Smoking Cessation, Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC), Healthy Living Pharmacy Level 2, Domiciliary Stop Smoking Service.

IMPORTANT:  If you have any problems accessing PharmOutcomes or have questions about how to use it go to the PharmOutcomes home page and click on the HELP button. This will give you an option to send a message to PharmOutcomes who will email you an activation code or provide support for any other issues you might have.

What do I need to do to activate the service on PharmOutcomes?

Login using your usual login information. If you do not have any login information please contact the help desk team via theHELP tab on the PharmOutcomes home page, you do not need to be logged in to do this. On the left hand side of the page is an option to send a message click on this link to send a request and it will be answered within 24 hours.

If you have an urgent request then please ring the Helpdesk on 01983 216699 .

The HELP option also provides User Guides. Click on the Provider Support Guide for information on how to enrol for a service.

Payments will continue to be made quarterly but please note only pharmacies that have returned the LCS contract will be authorised for payment.

Pharmacists will need to set their CPPE profiles to accommodate PharmOutcomes. This can be done by paging down through the individual profile information on the CPPE website and ticking the box that allows commissioners to view declaration of competence information through PharmOutcomes.

Pharmacists logging in to provide EHC for the first time using the PharmOutcomes template will be required to register using their GPhC number and asked to tick boxes on the Pharmacist Authorisation form.

If you provide Supervised Consumption or Needle Exchange – please continue to record the transactions for these services on the NEO system only.