Our responses to consultations
We’re often asked for our views on a variety of topics. This is usually by national and local government, local NHS commissioners, or by organisations that represent:
- patients and the public
- people involved in educating and training pharmacists
- those working to transform the NHS
Here are our most recent responses to consultations and requests for feedback:
- In January 2021, we responded to a consultation by NHS England & Improvement about next steps to building strong and effective integrated care systems across England. The window of opportunity to respond was very short, and over Christmas and New Year holidays, so our response was brief, based on the consultation process itself and gaps which exist around community pharmacy.
- In November 2020, West Sussex LPC fed-in views to the next revision of West Sussex County Council Medication. The policy supports medicines administration by employed carers in the domiciliary setting.
- In November 2020 we provided feedback to NHS England & Improvement in the South East region, on re-commissioning of translation and interpreter services for pharmacy, optometry and dental practices – Thames Valley, Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- In October 2020 Surrey LPC responded to a letter to community pharmacies in Surrey from NHS Surrey CCG about a review of systems and process with regards to the supply of dressings. Slides from the specific CCG engagement event held for community pharmacies are available here.
- On 12 October 2020 West Sussex LPC received a case study with formal recommendations for action from Healthwatch West Sussex. The report highlighted older and vulnerable patients queuing outside premises in adverse weather. The message accompanying the report asked us to help Healthwatch West Sussex understand how pharmacies are reviewing access to avoid people being left out in the rain and cold. Here is our response to the five formal recommendations in HealthWatch case study report called Baby it’s cold outside … October 2020.
- Professor David Wright’s review of LPCs and PSNC
- In November 2019 Professor David Wright was appointed to lead an independent review into PSNC and LPC representation and support for contractors. Here is the joint response to the consultation from the three LPCs in Surrey and Sussex Submitted February 2010
- Surrey Stop Smoking Service Consultation February 2020
- Following the first phase of the emergency response to Covid19, we have submitted local examples of community pharmacy innovations and improvements to NHS England Improvements (NHSE&I) call for beneficial examples.
- Consultation Response DT Reforms Sept 2019 v1.2
- LPC-feedback-about-EPS-4-pilot February 12, 2019
- Final Consultation Response West Sussex CC HWB Strategy January 29, 2019
- NHS Medicines Safety Programme Consultation January 14, 2019